Would you like to use your hard-earned business or nonprofit leadership skills to give back in a meaningful way to the community you care about? Interested in being a part of a network of more than 175 trained consultants with lifelong skills and distinguished management careers?
Empower Success Corps (ESC), a nonprofit organization, seeks seasoned professionals for high-impact, skills-based volunteer opportunities.
ESC provides valuable management consulting and capacity building services to nonprofits across New England. By matching nonprofits with high-caliber, volunteer consultants, ESC helps organizations operate more effectively to better meet the needs of their communities.
• Over 10 years of experience in business, nonprofit, government or academic sectors
• Content expertise in one or more of the following areas: marketing, finance, operations, management, strategic and business planning, fund development, human resources, outcome measurements and program evaluation
• History of involvement with nonprofits as a board member or volunteer preferable
• Commitment to 1-2 projects per year
• Able to do occasional travel during business hours to client’s location at times that fit client’s needs
• Attendance at ESC training courses and seminars
• Analysis and critical thinking: able to effectively analyze situations and think strategically
• Versatility: work well with diverse groups of people and types of nonprofits
• Strong communication skills: active listening, writing, speaking and presenting
• Passion: genuine interest in helping nonprofits succeed
• Computer skills: email and Word required; PowerPoint helpful
What You Gain by Volunteering for ESC:
• Use knowledge, skills and wisdom you have gained throughout your career to help New England nonprofits.
• Collaborate and connect with inspiring, like-minded people who are motivated by the satisfaction of creating lasting change.
• Impact a broad array of nonprofit organizations versus volunteering for just one or two.
• Enhance lifelong learning experiences through professional training and challenging engagements.
• Receive a deep sense of fulfillment from contributing to a dynamic professional organization that helps New England nonprofits achieve their missions.
• Make a difference in your community within a flexible, part-time schedule.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer consultant in the Boston area, please contact Miles Robinson at email@example.com or 617.357.5550. If you are interested in serving in Maine, NH or Vermont, please contact Lynn Post, ESC NNE Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.926.0752