It can be lonely at the top. Nonprofit executives are peerless within their organization, with no one to talk to about sensitive issues and challenging situations. The ESC Nonprofit Executive RoundTable (NET) addresses this support gap and provides a confidential forum for nonprofit chief executives to share challenges and get real-time constructive feedback from smart, connected leaders outside their organizations who understand the unique challenges of the job.
Meeting once a month for 9 months, the facilitated roundtable creates a consistent community of peers where nonprofit leaders have the freedom to openly present issues of concern and get support from peers. Topics are chosen ahead based on the interests of the group members and occasional guest speakers present on topics like risk management and Massachusetts employment laws. Participants share resources in a Dropbox for members only and learn and grow as a leader.
Sue Heilman, the RoundTable Facilitator, is an experienced nonprofit leader having spent over 25 years growing and leading mission-based organizations, including Horizons for Homeless Children and Thompson Island Outward Bound, among several others. She is currently an ESC consultant and has facilitated two other NET groups.
What participants in prior Nonprofit Executive RoundTables have told us:
- You can apply for the new cohort that will begin in September/October, 2019 now. Ms. Heilman will use a Doodle poll to set the first meeting date and the schedule for the year will be set by the group at the first session.
- Cost per participant is $875; scholarships are available—ask Julie.
- We encourage applicants from nonprofits to have a budget of at least $100K and two staff members.
- A refundable $50 deposit is required of all applicants.
- The group meets once a month at the ESC office, 176 Federal Street, Boston, MA (across from South Station).
- Contact Julie Crockford with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-357-5550.