It can be lonely at the top. Nonprofit executives are peerless within their organization, with no one to talk to about sensitive issues and challenging situations. The ESC Nonprofit Executive RoundTable (NET) addresses this support gap and provides a confidential forum for nonprofit chief executives to share challenges and get real-time constructive feedback from smart, connected leaders outside their organizations who understand the unique challenges of the job.
Meeting once a month for nine months, the facilitated roundtable creates a consistent community of peers where nonprofit leaders have the freedom to openly present issues of concern and get support from one another. Topics are chosen ahead based on the interests of the group members and occasional guest speakers present on topics like risk management and Massachusetts employment laws. Participants share resources in a Dropbox for members only and learn and grow as a leader.
The January 2020 cohort will be co-facilitated by one of our experienced consultants and ESC President, Julie Crockford. In her role at ESC, Julie oversees all aspects of the organization — strategic direction, program development, operations, marketing and communications, and fundraising. She was previously the president of the Emerald Necklace Conservancy where she worked with ESC and saw first-hand how their consulting services transformed nonprofit organizations. Julie has served as an adviser and participant in most NET cohorts.
What participants in prior Nonprofit Executive RoundTables have told us:
- You can apply for the January 2020 cohort now.
- Cost per participant is $875; scholarships are available—ask Julie.
- We encourage applicants from nonprofits to have a budget of at least $200K and two staff members.
- A refundable $50 deposit is required of all applicants.
- The group meets once a month at the ESC office, 176 Federal Street, Boston, MA (across from South Station).
- Contact Julie Crockford with questions at email@example.com or 617-357-5550.